KashmirMultimediaSpecial Reports

Allocation of additional 293 MWs brings huge respite from distress curtailment in J&K: Govt

Curtailment schedule being followed, no unscheduled cuts now: Pr Sec Prasad

Srinagar, Dec 04 : Jammu and Kashmir power Development Department (JKPDD) Monday said that the recently allocated 293 MW additional power by the union ministry has brought huge reduction in distress curtailment.

Principal Secretary, Power Development Department (PDD) H Rajesh Prasad told the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), “Unscheduled power cuts have reduced since GoI has announced power supply of 293 MG. We have been able to maintain the schedule cuts.”

Asked about the ongoing curtailment schedule of power, the principal secretary said, “The ongoing schedule will continue to remain in effect. We are not reducing it.” He said that the department was maintaining more than what was being supplied last year. “As of now we cannot say as to how much of power demand and supply will be there because of several factors including power availability, peak winters and availability of funds,” Prasad said.

He said that the department didn’t want to make any promises which it won’t deliver.

Meanwhile, Chief Engineer Distribution for KPDCL, Javed Yousuf Dar told KNO that there was an improvement in the situation in this regard. “There has been a huge reduction in distress curtailment.”—(KNO)

Srinagar News

Srinagar News is one of the oldest newspaper in kashmir it was founded by Late Mehraj-ud-Din Wani Sahab in 1975.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button