KashmirMultimedia

House Owner Dies of ‘Suffocation’ in Nawakadal Fire Mishap

House Owner Dies of ‘Suffocation’ in Nawakadal Fire Mishap

Srinagar, Feb 29 (GNS): A house owner was left dead, purportedly due to suffocation, in a massive blaze in Jamalatta locality in Nawakadal area of central Kashmir’s Srinagar district.

Assistant Director F&ES Aaqib Hussain told GNS that upon receiving information about the blaze, they instantly mobilised all the nearby fire stations to reach the site.

“Upon arrival at the site, we saw at least three structures caught in fire, following which a widescale firefighting operation was launched” he said, adding during the course of operation we rescued some people who were stuck inside a house.

“However one person identified as Bashir Ahmad, said to be the house owner, remained stuck inside his home, and purportedly died due to suffocation,” the official said.

“Apart from the unfortunate death, the operation has overall been seamless and we have been quite successful to ensure that the fire is controlled,” the official added.

The deceased person, the official said, as per locals was not doing well and couldn’t make it on time to move out of the house.

More details are awaited. (GNS)

Srinagar News

Srinagar News is one of the oldest newspaper in kashmir it was founded by Late Mehraj-ud-Din Wani Sahab in 1975.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button